Alabama Family Law Attorneys
At the office of Kirk Drennan Law, our experienced Alabama family law lawyers understand what you’re going through when you’re facing a family legal matter. Whether you are facing a divorce or child custody dispute, pursuing an adoption, or have questions about another family legal issue, our experienced attorneys can help. Our team is passionate about providing our clients with high-quality services and we will approach your case with the delicate-yet-aggressive strategy it requires.
Our Family Law Practice Areas
Our attorneys work on a variety of family law case types. If you don’t see the legal issue with which you need assistance listed below, please feel free to reach out to our team directly to learn more about our services and how we can help.
Our Alabama family law practice areas include:
- The prospect of a divorce is one of the most common reasons that people call family law attorneys. If you are going through a divorce, our law firm will help you to prepare your petition for divorce–or respond to a petition filed against you, negotiate your divorce settlement and the many questions related to division of property, child custody and support, and alimony, and more. If your divorce case ends in litigation, we can represent you during this process as well.
- Child custody. One of the most emotional family law case types that people go through is that of determining which parent will have custody of the child. There is no clear-cut answer to how a court will make a determination about child custody; instead, there are a set of factors that a court will consider. Most of the time, it is best if parents can reach an agreement about custody outside of court.
- Child support. Accompanying the issue of child custody is that of child support. A court will usually order the non-custodial parent to make child support payments. Our law firm can help you to understand your child support obligations or entitlement, as well as how to settle on a child support agreement that works for all parties.
- Alimony. As part of the divorce process, alimony may be on the table. Alimony, or spousal maintenance, is ordered when one spouse cannot financially support themselves without financial support from the other.
- Adoption. Adopting a child is a very joyful and rewarding experience, but the legal process is often intricate, complex, frustrating, and confusing. Our lawyers can guide you through the adoption process, handle documentation and paperwork, and more. We have the ability to handle various adoptions types, including relative adoptions, international adoptions, DHR adoptions, and more.
- Domestic violence protection orders. Domestic violence can put a member of a household at a serious risk of psychological and physical harm. While taking action against an abuser can be very difficult to do–and even dangerous in some cases–there are options available. Our firm can help you to pursue a domestic violence protection order, as well as explore other options to protect yourself and your children.
- Modification orders. When a family law judge issues an order, that order is legally binding and enforceable. However, sometimes circumstances change, and an order is no longer appropriate or sensible. When this is the case, requesting a modification of a court order may be appropriate. Our law firm can guide you through this process.
What to Know About Working with Our Family Law Firm
When you are in the middle of a family legal matter, knowing that you’ve chosen the right lawyer to represent you can bring a large amount of comfort and reassurance. Kirk Drennan Law is well-regarded for our commitment to our customers and successful case outcomes.
Top reasons to work with our Alabama family law firm include:
- Our lawyers are experienced. Founded in 2011 by Attorney Jessica Kirk Drennan, our legal team brings more than a decade of combined experience to the table. We also have experience working on a wide range of family law issues, giving us a unique perspective and an ability to represent clients from diverse backgrounds and situations.
- We are committed to staying abreast of the law, paying attention to the tendencies of certain family court judges, and doing our homework when it comes to working on our clients’ cases. We don’t cut corners, and we always take a personalized approach to your case which involves learning as much as possible about the situation and the applicable laws and case precedents.
- Results-oriented. When you hire our law firm, our ultimate objective will be to get results, plain and simple. We know how significant the outcome of a family law case can be for you and your family–we hope you will trust us to get you the results you’re looking for.
The Importance of Working with a Family Law Attorney
Choosing to hire a family law attorney is a big decision, and one that could have major consequences or benefits. If you have a family legal matter, we strongly recommend calling an attorney who can:
- Explain to you your legal rights and options.
- Handle all paperwork, document filing, etc.
- Investigate your case and build your case.
- Advise you of the most effective case strategy.
- Represent you in family law settlement negotiations.
- Represent you in litigation.
- Strongly advocate for you throughout the process.
At the firm of Kirk Drennan Law, we are happy to manage all of the elements of your case, or to advise you as needed, whatever you are most comfortable with.
Call Our Alabama Family Law Attorneys Today to Learn More
No matter the family legal issue that you’re facing, not having to face it alone can bring peace of mind. At the office of Kirk Drennan Law, we want you to know that you have the support of our firm, and that we are here to help you.
If you have questions about how our Alabama family law attorneys can assist you as you navigate your legal matter, please reach out to us directly to schedule a consultation. We are available to talk online, over the phone, and in person. Call (205) 803-3500 to get started.